Re: Advocate DM: Asheesh Laroia

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 06:56:03PM +0100, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> I advocate Asheesh Laroia as a DM. I've been reviewing and uploading
> Asheesh's packages for sometime now and he already done a great job for
> Debian already and will continue to do so a sa DM.

Could people advocating DMs (or potential DDs for that matter) go into
a bit more detail in their advocacy?

From the above, or other advocacy messages like it, it's not clear what
"a great job" means -- is there something special he's done, or is
it that whatever he's working on is particularly important, or is he
remarkably consistent, or what? What's he actually done that's earnt
your trust? What makes him special compared to the other folks who're
helping Debian? What in particular about his work should people lurking
on this list be trying to emulate if they want to be a DM or a DD?

Cheers,
aj