Re: Advocating Jelmer Vernooij for DM

On Sunday 25 November 2007 17:12, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> I would like to advocate Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@samba.org> for Debian
> Maintainer.

I think Jelmer is very fit to be a Debian Maintainer or Developer. I know him
in real life and he is both competent and nice to work with. I especially
value his involvement in some key upstream projects like Samba and think it's
desirable to have more overlap between the sets of DD's and upstream
developers.

It's a real pity that his NM process is nearing the 2 year mark - I think he
is ready to be a DD and am not fond of using DM to work around NM-problems.

If there's help needed in being an AM for him I hereby gladly offer my time to
help get him through that process instead.

regards,
Thijs