Re: Dear DM applicants,

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 18:03 +0930, Paul Wise wrote:
> Please let us know what it is about DM that you find useful. Are you
> in NM and looking to get upload rights while waiting on an AM, FD, DAM
> or keyring-maint? Are you not ready to enter NM, but good at
> maintaining a few specific packages? Are you just not interested in
> being a DD at all for now? In short, it would be great if you could
> list your use-case for DM along with your application, or if your
> advocates could list it for you in their advocation. Some of you have
> already done that, which is great.

Replying since I have already sent my application.

I would like to become a DD.  However I tend to scratch short
term itches such as maintaining the occasional small package
and sending in bug reports with patches.  This means I don't
interact with anybody long enough for them to become confident
with advocating me.  Its been like that for a few years now,
and I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future.

In the mean time its become obvious I can contribute to Debian
without being a DD, so the urgency has diminished somewhat.
There are still things that I like to do but can't do without
becoming a DD.  Things such as voting, helping out in areas
where Debian appears to be short staffed (the NM queue seemed
like it could of used help for a while), adding new packages
without having to beg for a sponsor, sponsoring others, and
not having to bug Anibal to upload my packages.

And my reason for becoming an DM?  It removes one item off
that list.