Re: Statement for application for Debian Maintainer

* Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg-debian.org@fifthhorseman.net> [2007-11-19 22:19]:

> This is in preparation for application for Debian Maintainer status.
>
> I, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg-debian.org@fifthhorseman.net>, have read
> and agree to uphold the Debian Social Contract and the Debian Free
> Software Guidelines [0] in my work with Debian.
>
> I have also read and agree to abide by the Debian Machine Usage
> Policies [1].

I am writing to support Daniel's application for Debian Maintainer status.
I have sponsored two packages from him, ttf-fifthhorseman-dkg-handwriting
and tweak.  He is the also the upstream author of the former.

In my email interactions with Daniel I have been impressed by his cleverness
as well as by his politeness.  He has been very responsive as regards
problems in the packages I sponsored, which were almost always in perfect
shape for upload.

I strongly recommend the addition of Daniel's GPG key to the DM keyring and
I am looking forward to seeing such a talented developer joining our
community.

--
Rafael