DM advocacy for Kartik Mistry

I am writing this message to advocate the addition of Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@gmail.com> to the debian-maintainer keyring.

I know Kartik both through his upstream work in Gujarati l10n for GNOME, OpenOffice.org, Mozilla etc. and as a member of the Debian-IN project where he does the lions share of package maintainence these days. He is also the maintainer of many other packages some of which I sponsor for him. I have found him to be diligent in looking after his packages and dealing with bug reports.

Kartik has been an enthusiastic supporter and contributor to Debian in other ways too. He has written about Debian for various Indian publication and is the organizer of the Debian project day at this years foss.in conference in Bangalore. Naturally this means he is very familiar with Debians' philosophical principles; this has been formally demonstrated by participation in the New Maintainer process.

While Kartik awaits full developer status, being a DM will allow him to be even more responsive in maintaining his packages. Thus I strongly support the granting of DM privileges to him.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>