Re: DM advocacy message for Martín Ferrari

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 11:11:02AM -0500, David Moreno Garza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Due to the just passed GR on the Debian Maintainers, I'd like to
> advocate the addition of Martín Ferrari to the Debian maintainers
> keyring.
>
> I've been working with Martín for almost a year now on the New
> Maintainer process. I'm his Application Manager and we have been
> following the usual procedure for NMs and we are approaching to
> finishing the T&S part on the process. Martín has demonstrated a very
> nice quality of work and willing to collaborate on Debian, specially on
> the work previous done by squashing RC bugs and the like.
>
> It's my will, and Martín's, to be added to the Debian maintainers newly
> keyring, so he can upload his packages directly without the need of a
> sponsor. In the meantime, it's his will to keep on going under his NM
> process. He has accepted to acknowledge Debian's social contract, free
> software guidelines, and machine usage policies.
>
> Martín would be a great asset to the project's new maintainers' keyring
> while we get to finish his usual New Maintainer process.
>
> I'm sure other Debian Developers would support this advocacy report as
> well.

	I consider Martín a personal friend and I have worked with him
extensively, I know he is a great Debian Maintainer and of course
support the idea that the project acknowledge his work and allow him to
work more efficiently with this new process.

	I'm also sure he'll be a great Debian Developer (hopefully soon) once
he finish the NM process.

	So, by all means, consider this a strong support for the advocacy of
Martín Ferrari as a Debian Maintainer and/or Developer.

--
Damián Viano(Des)              ¯ ¯ - _           _ - ¯ ¯
GPG: 0x6EB95A6F                 Debian ¯-_GNU_-¯ Linux