AM report for Jan Lübbe <jluebbe@lasnet.de>

Report for new developer applicant Jan Lübbe <jluebbe@lasnet.de>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid D8480F2E:
   ID check passed, key signed by several existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   pub   1024D/D8480F2E 2002-03-20
      Key fingerprint = 1B25 F91F 9E7B 5D4F 1282  02D6 8A83 8BE4 D848 0F2E
   uid                  Jan Luebbe <jluebbe@lasnet.de>
   sig!         0F7A8D01 2005-05-07  Norbert Tretkowski <norbert@tretkowski.de>
   sig!         248AEB73 2005-05-07  Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>
   sig!         86A118E6 2006-06-25  Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.de>
   sig!         9B7C328D 2006-06-26  Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
   sig!         BC7D020A 2006-06-27  Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org>
   sig!2        14E06AAF 2002-12-30  Daniel Lutz (private) <danlutz@watz.ch>
   sig!2        7BF2F228 2003-01-02  Peter Mathiasson <peterm@debian.org>
   sig!2        94C09C7F 2005-01-08  Peter Palfrader
   sig!3        1BF8DE0F 2005-01-01  Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de>
   sig!3        BD8B050D 2006-06-26  Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de>
   [...]

   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   I'm 24 year old and a student of computer science at the technical
   university of braunschweig. Currently i have about 1.5-2 years left
   before i'll get my diploma.

   At the student hostel where i live, some students have built a
   network which is connected to the university lan and the internet
   (see www.atekon.de ). After moving here i started to help with the
   server and network administration. All our servers run debian and
   we host the debian pushmirror debian.tu-bs.de. In the meantime i
   have taken over most of the day-to-day mainainance and expansion
   work there.

   Before using debian here at atekon, i used suse to connect my
   family's computers to the internet.

   About 4 years ago (after 2 years of using linux on servers) i
   switched over to linux completely. I choose debian, because i had
   enough of suse's problems when updateing the system and having to
   pay for open source software. Some people from the local LUG
   suggested to try debian. What convinced me at first was probably
   the good dependancy management and the sheer amount of available
   software.

   It was only some time later that i discovered the debian community
   and their strong beliefs about freedom. Since then i felt that i
   had to give something back for the all good work that i was
   benefiting of. Back then i mostly helped other students with
   installing debian and fixing their problems.

   Then i started to create some debian packages of my own and
   Christoph Hass sponsored them for me. This worked very well, but i
   decided that i could be more useful to the debian project if i were
   a developer.

   For example in the python-modules team there are many non-DDs like
   me who must wait for a DD to have time before the packages can be
   uploaded. I would like to sponsor other packages, too. For people
   who don't want to invest the time to become a full DD haveing a
   long term sponsor is very important.

   My primary area of work in debian will probably be the
   python-modules team. Theres a lot of work to do :)

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: jluebbe
   Forward-Email: jluebbe@lasnet.de

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Jan has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures.
   He answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS,
   etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his
   Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Jan has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian. Jan
   is maintainer of pida, iec16022, and several python SNMP packages.
   All packages are in good shape. He also answered my other questions
   regarding T&S without problems and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/