AM report for Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@nes.ru>

Report for new developer applicant Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@nes.ru>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 6A461052:
   ID check passed, key signed by one existing developer:

   pub   1024D/6A461052 2001-09-24
         Key fingerprint = 2CA2 0F84 8E5C 29E3 E410  4382 21C7 47D3 6A46 1052
   uid                  Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@nes.ru>
   sig!         C9132DDB 2006-10-20  Nikita Youshchenko <yoush@debian.org>
   sig!3        6A461052 2001-09-24  Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@nes.ru>
   sig!3        6A461052 2006-09-25  Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@nes.ru>

   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   I'm 34 years old. I live in Moscow, Russia. I have Master degrees
   in Mathematics (Moscow State University) and Economics (New
   Economic School, Moscow). Now I'm working on my PhD in Economics.

   I'm familiar with GNU/Linux from 1998. It was a Slackware box in
   New Economic School. My first own GNU/Linux installation was in
   2000 (it was Slackware also). In the middle of 2002 (about a month
   before woody release) I've switched on Debian. Now I'm still a
   happy Debian user.

   I'm involved in Russian Jabber community, and in developing
   ejabberd - Erlang Jabber server (Erlang is a language and VM, which
   was invented by Ericsson and is suitable for large concurrent
   applications). I've built my own debian ejabberd package, and this
   package brought attention of Torsten Werner (twerner@debian.org),
   who took it and promoted to main Debian distribution. It was my
   first contribution to Debian. Now I'm still involved in ejabberd
   maintaining (mostly in fixing bugs, because I'm using ejabberd
   myself, and I'm in touch with admins of jabber.ru - one of the
   largest ejabberd deployment).

   Erlang package in woody was pretty good and up-to-date, but at the
   time of sarge release it was orphaned and excluded from the Debian
   distribution. After new erlang maintainer came and built new
   version I've noticed several problems with packaging (some of them
   can be found in bug #367996). After that we've setup project at
   BerliOS (http://developer.berlios.de/projects/erlang-pkg/) and I've
   joined erlang packaging team. Now me and Torsten Werner are the
   only active members of this team. Torsten makes his own changes,
   supervises my changes and uploads the packages. He also proposed me
   to apply to Debian New Maintainer.

   Now I see my goal in Debian as to keep Erlang packages (there are
   several erlang applications except the environment itself) in a
   good shape. I also consider joining Tcl/Tk packaging.

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: sgolovan
   Forward-Email: sgolovan@nes.ru

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Sergei has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures. He answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and
   DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Sergei has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Sergei is (co-)maintainer of erlang and related packages. All
   packages are in good shape. He also answered my other questions
   regarding T&S without problems and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/