Re: AM report for Andree Leidenfrost

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 10:28 +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Troy Heber <troy.heber@hp.com> writes:
> >> He will probably get it empty in the next 6 weeks, at least I hope
> >> so.
> > Obviously that is the news I want to hear. However, it doesn't really
> > solve the problem. It means that the DAM has to work really hard,
> > process 25 people, get burnt out and we start the whole process all
> > over again.
>
> No, that's not what will happen. Joerg quit his job (planet.d.o is a
> wonderful source for Debian related information) and will have a more
> free time in the next few weeks. In that time, he can process the
> backlog created in two years and then go back to the "normal" DAM
> workload, which is normally not more than one applicant per week.

Interestingly enough, the applicant that started this thread is still in
an unchanged position, since September. I'm afraid that your assessment
of Joerg's activities did not work out. The past two months, the DAM has
processed exactly four people (one of which was fast-tracked because of
his birthday...?!), of which only one actually has an account at this
point.

I believe that (effectively) replacing one DAM with another did not
really resolve the issue. I also believe that a solution like making the
current FD-members also a DAM could help to spread the workload over
three people instead of one, and each of them could check a report in
one pass.

Essentially, the FD checks the completeness of the report (judging from
the available documentation). This check is needed to not bother the DAM
with incomplete reports. Combining the FD- and DAM-check into one would
reduce the total time spent per candidate and distribute the work over
three instead of one. That could be a significant improvement.

What's the reason that this can't be done?

Thijs