Re: About lost Debian NM applicants

Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> writes:

> so why not shift some of the more senior AM's up to FD and
> DAM tasks, and take on fresh AM's to replace them?

I think if there were some candidates, willing and able to do DAM/FD
work, then DAM and FD would be staffed up. This leads to the question
who decides if and when someone is ready and able to do the job. Well,
in the case of DAM and FD, this is up to the existing persons who
already do the job. And currently it seems that they think either

  - that their position doesn't need to staffed up because they can cope
    the workload,
or
  - there are no candidates which could do the job as good as they do.

I may of course be wrong and would applaud every nen member of FD or DAM
:)

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4