Re: About lost Debian NM applicants

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 19:38 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Currently, the waiting-for-AM queue is -2 long [*], i.e. there are 2
> AMs waiting for an NM, not the other way round.
>
> (Admittedly, the situation at the other end (FD, DAM queues) is much
> worse than it should be.)

I appreciate the efforts that have been made to reduce the first queue,
but I the queue at the end quite mitigates that advantage for the
applicant.

When I became a DD, I inquired whether new AM's were required for the
process; I was told that there's already enough now since the queue at
that end is empty.

My question then was whether it was an idea to make a "shift up" in the
NM-staff; there's appearently more AM's than needed, but a lot of queues
at the end, so why not shift some of the more senior AM's up to FD and
DAM tasks, and take on fresh AM's to replace them?

While there's still functions understaffed, turning down new help for
the NM process doesn't seem desirable from an outsider's view. Maybe you
can clarify this.

Thijs