AM report Roberto C. Sanchez

Report for new developer applicant Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xA7C89464:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by to Debian Developers,
   Michael C. Schultheiss <schultmc@debian.org> and
   Branden Robinson <branden@deadbeast.net>

   Output from keycheck.sh 0xA7C89464

   pub   1024D/B2B97BB1 2005-10-01
   Key fingerprint = 5F7F F3A8 09F5 ED55 3350  5031 8EA3 B90C B2B9 7BB1
   uid                  Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net>
   sig!         A3F9E30E 2005-10-10  Michael C. Schultheiss <schultmc@debian.org>
   sig!         2B46A27C 2006-05-21  Branden Robinson <branden@deadbeast.net>
   sig!3        B2B97BB1 2005-10-01  Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net>
   uid                  Roberto C. Sanchez <sanchezr@ieee.org>
   sig!         A3F9E30E 2005-10-10  Michael C. Schultheiss <schultmc@debian.org>
   sig!         2B46A27C 2006-05-21  Branden Robinson <branden@deadbeast.net>
   sig!3        B2B97BB1 2005-10-01  Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net>
   sub   1024D/42B5A9F6 2006-07-15 [expires: 2007-07-15]
   sig!         B2B97BB1 2006-07-15  Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net>
   sub   1024D/A7C89464 2006-07-15 [expires: 2007-07-15]
   sig!         B2B97BB1 2006-07-15  Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net>
   sub   2048g/D27DA3A2 2005-10-01
   sig!         B2B97BB1 2005-10-01  Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net>

   2 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has an expiration date of 2007-07-15 which is still valid

   Applicant writes:

    In the fall of 2002, I took a software engineering class and my team project
    involved writing code to run on the university's Linux cluster.  I
    installed on
    my laptop Red Hat 8.0, which had just been released, and began exploring with
    Linux.  A friend of mine, who worked in the computer science department
    technical support, convinced me to switch to Woody, which had also recently
    been released.  He walked me through the installation and introduced me to
    the
    Debian way of doing things.  I was struck by how much more well considered
    the
    Debian way of doing things was compared to the Red Hat way and the way
    of other
    distros I have since examined.

    After that first machine, I eventually converted my other older
    computer at home
    from Windows 98 to Debian Woody and enlisted it as a web/mail/file server and
    router/firewall.  I eventually stopped using Windows on my laptop and the two
    new computers I have acquired since then have run Debian exclusively.

    I personally benefit a great deal from Debian in that I get a well tested and
    well put together operating system.  It is also free, which is truly
    wonderful.
    I would like to do something to help contribute to it.  I would like to
    help by
    packaging useful applications and also by helping in the QA process.  I
    believe
    that the best way to ensure the place of free software is to make certain
    that
    it is of superior functionailty and quailty than its proprietary
    counterparts. To do this, it takes people willing to hepl improve the
    software, which I would
    like to do.

    I have also written two small HOWTO documents, on customizing Debian packages
    and seting up a Debian package repository.  Both have been well received and
    are on my website.

    I also intend to become an independent consultant specializing in Linux
    deployments sometime in the future.  Becoming a Debian developer will
    certainly
    help me understand much more completely what makes a software
    distribution work
    together.

    I earned my BS in Computer Engineering in 2004.  My honors thesis was titled,
    "Improving Computational Efficiency in Context-Based Reasoning
    Simulations."  I
    am currently working on my MS in Computer Engineering and doing research in
    large scale distributed simulations.

I also did some (small work) whith Roberto and sponsoring his packages and in
the pkg-nx team.

   during his NM process.

   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:  roberto
   Forward-Email: roberto@familiasanchez.net

5. Attachments (Frontdesk and DAM only!)

GPG Key with ID 0x0xA7C89464

Logs of the Discussion with Applicant.