AM report for Mattias Nordstrom

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

pub   1024D/E06B3F97 2005-02-13
      Key fingerprint = 7373 5755 2CC0 B16C 4339  258F C0A4 F11D E06B 3F97
uid                  Mattias Nordstrom <nordstrom@realnode.com>
sig!         1E880A84 2005-07-18  Frans Pop (Debian) <aragorn@tiscali.nl>
sig!         2EDFE670 2005-07-19  Jarno Elonen <elonen@debian.org>
sig!         551BE447 2005-07-19  Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org>
sig!         1CF2D62A 2005-07-19  Micah Anderson <micah@debian.org>
sig!         C0143D2D 2005-07-20  Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.homeunix.org>
sig!         1880283C 2005-07-20  Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
sig!         F1BCDB73 2005-07-20  Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
sub   2048g/F7CF6374 2005-02-13
sig!         E06B3F97 2005-02-13  Mattias Nordstrom <nordstrom@realnode.com>

"I'm 22 years old and study at Helsinki University of Technology. Most of
my time at the moment goes to running a business that I co-founded with a
few friends, which in a nutshell is an ICT and custom solutions provider
for small to medium sized businesses. At work I install, maintain and
develop exclusively for Debian systems, including embedded installations
on boards such as the Routerboard 500 (www.routerboard.com) and similar
embedded systems.

When applicable we try to develop open source software and every piece of
software we create has Debian packages for ease of installation and
maintenance. In fact, every software (application or library) that I've
needed that doesn't have a Debian package now has one, and I always try to
get these in the official Debian archive.

I personally began using computers at a young age, beginning with a
Commodore 64. I became familiar with Linux in the late nineties and use it
(particularly Debian) exclusively now. I've used several different
distributions but Debian was just so much better than the next one, and
I've stuck with it since. I believe I began using it around 2002, not
quite sure. I was a Windows user before using Linux but once I found out
how much more efficient one can be on a Linux box (being a developer and
all) it didn't take long before I had completely switched away from using
Windows. It didn't take long before I became familiar with the open source
development model and realized it's advantages over proprietary software
development. I'd have to reconsider many times now before I would
implement anything using proprietary solutions as I can never be sure they
work the way I want. With OSS I can always adjust and extend."

2. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------

Mattias understands Debian's philosophy and procedures.  He agrees with
the Social Contact and the DMUP, has answered questions relating to
philosophy, procedures and tasks/skills.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

He maintains a number of packages, including:

bozohttpd
cdrw-taper
dbench
libnzb
libspf
libvmime
nzb (of which he is also upstream)

I recommend to accept Mattias as a Debian Developer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/