AM report for Arjan

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

pub   1024D/962E3890 2004-04-20
      Key fingerprint = B982 9452 CAE0 0CFA FBF4  D163 5002 EFB1 962E 3890
uid                  Arjan Oosting <arjanoosting@home.nl>
sig!         0644FAB7 2005-05-18  Bas Zoetekouw <bas@zoetekouw.net>
sig!         0813569F 2005-05-30  Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl>
sig!         969457F0 2005-06-28  Joost van Baal <joostvb@mdcc.cx>
sub   2048g/A9EC93B2 2004-04-20
sig          962E3890 2004-04-20  Arjan Oosting <arjanoosting@home.nl>

"I am studying computer science at the University of Utrecht and working
parttime at a helpdesk of a Dutch ISP. And now some history ;-)

When I finished high school, I started studying physics in Utrecht in
1997 and had my first real contact with computers that year. I found
them pretty interesting and spent quite some time breaking and restoring
the computer of my girlfriend (as I did not have my own just yet).

My study did not go so well though as a was more interested in playing
with computers and internet at the time. Then for one course we had to
do some stuff in Mathematica and that was my first contact with
programming. At home I tried some stuff with Visual Basic (uggh) and
later on Java.

Then I decided to switch from physics to computer science in 1998. I
guess it was 1999 when installed windows NT4 on my pc and I tried to
install some linux distributions that year as well (Red Hat, Suse) but
still kept on using Windows.

Then I got my second pc which I used as fileserver and firewall and on
which I installed Debian. But I still was a complete newbie and wanted
to learn more and decided to give Linux From Scratch a try. After using
that for a year or so I got sick of compiling everything myself and
installed Debian again on my server which was somewhere in 2003."

2. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------

Arjan understands Debian's philosophy and procedures.  He agrees with
the Social Contact and the DMUP, has answered questions relating to
philosophy, procedures and tasks/skills.  Some of his questions were
really excellent.

3. Tasks and Skills

He is interested in Haskel and maintains a number of packages, including:

drift
gaim-extendedprefs
haskell-http

I recommend to accept Arjan as a Debian Developer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/