Activity poll among applicants

Yesterday evening I sent out the text below to all applicants that
have had I look at before and found them to be active, plus all others
to the end of the queue that are yet unchecked (the majority).

The feedback has already started trickling in, and from what I've seen
so far, has mostly been positive. (Probably not surprising after just
10 hours.)

------------

Hi,

I'm writing to you as a member of the Frontdesk team that is
responsible for assigning Application Managers to New Maintainers and
managing the nm.debian.org database.

You are currently waiting to get an Application Manager assigned.
Before we do so, we would like to ask you a few questions about what
you have done in and for Debian so far. We want to make sure that New
Maintainers already have experience working in Debian, so we would
like to know which areas you are actively contributing to.
Additionally, this will allow us to find you a matching AM.

The list below is quite verbose to help you think of the things we are
interested in. It is perfectly fine to answer "no" to most of the
questions, so don't be afraid.

With your answers, please give a rough time frame when you were active
on or started with the item in question. Keep your answers terse, just
a few lines for each section. If you can provide URLs, that's great.

---8<---
Do you (co-)maintain any packages? Did you get any feedback on your
packages from users, maybe in the form of bug reports or via other
channels? Please give a short summary about the work you have done so
far on the packages.

Are you involved in any porting activity? Do you work on or provide
Debian infrastructure, like build daemons, mirror servers, or other
services for users or developers?

Do you participate in any team like those listed on
http://www.debian.org/intro/organization or similar? Are you involved
in any other Debian sub-project or related project (e.g. DebConf)?
Have you ever helped out at a booth run by Debian at fairs or
conferences?

Have you written bug reports on other packages, or contributed input
to existing reports? Did you write patches? Please list the packages
with bug numbers and titles you made a non-trivial contribution to.

Are you active on Debian mailing lists? On IRC? The Debian wiki? Any
other communication media?

Are you upstream author of any open source program? Which other
communities are you involved in?

Anything else you think we should be interested in? Maybe things you
would like to do in the future?
--->8---

Thank you for your feedback. Please do not forget to _sign_ your reply
with your PGP key.

PS: If you cannot reply within the next week, please send us a short
notice.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/