Re: Ordering of unassigned applicants

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2006.bluespice.org> writes:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:24:13PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>>> 3. isaac is assigned for my AM on 04th of April 2006
>>> 4. danchev@spnet.net is still in the unassigned queue.
>>>
>>> So I am curious, how is the unassigned queue processed?
>> More or less in order, with some exceptions: People without a notable
>> contribution don't get an AM, but are informed per mail and I try to
> What is considered a "notable contribution"?

For packagers, this means that they should have at least one package in
the archive (or are co-maintaining one in a team). "notable" is supposed
to exclude people who have adoptedd one tiny perl lib once and haven't
been active since then.

For translators, this means that they should have done more than
translating strings for one tiny package, by translating other
things (like documentation, websites, ...) or more debconf strings.

I'm too lazy to list this for every kind of NM, but the idea should be
clear: We want to see that someone who's applying to be a DD has
invested a reasonable amount of time in contributing to the project.

Marc
--
BOFH #98:
The vendor put the bug there.