AM Report for Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>

Report for new developer applicant Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xC5E95333

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 1 existing DD, Konstantinos Margaritis

   Output from keycheck.sh 0xC5E95333

   $ ./keycheck.sh C5E95333
   Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
   Receiving and checking key
   gpg: requesting key C5E95333 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
   pub   1024D/C5E95333 2004-07-07
         Key fingerprint = B52D A49A 0140 9672 AD0A  9722 56DC B977 C5E9 5333
   sig!   R     C5E95333 2004-09-17  Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>
   sig!   R     C5E95333 2005-02-26  Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>
   uid                  Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>
   sig!3        515F9B74 2004-07-22  Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@debian.org>
   sig!3        C5E95333 2004-07-07  Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>
   sig!3        C5E95333 2004-07-07  Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>
   sub   2048g/68704029 2004-07-07
   sig!         C5E95333 2004-07-07  Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>

   8 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Faidon writes:

My name is Faidon Liambotis and I'm 19 years old. I was born and
currently live in Athens, Greece.

I'm currently studying Computer Science at the Technological
University of Athens (http://www.teiath.gr/).

I'm also participating as a volunteer to the local wireless community
network (Athens Wireless Metropolitan Network/AWMN,
http://www.awmn.net/) where I made my first attempts on packaging
software for Debian - with the purpose of mass-deploying them to the
routers and servers of the network.

I'm mostly interested in the development and documentation of network
related programs although my work absolutely isn't (and won't be)
limited on that.

I strongly support the fact that Debian wants to be "Universal
Operating System" and that -along with the fact that it's a developed
by a community and isn't controlled by a company- are my motivations
for getting involved with Debian.

My goals are obvious, to help in making Debian a better OS by
packaging software for it, reporting and fixing bugs and documenting
things while keeping it Free and community-based.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

   Faidon Liambotis has an excellent understanding of Debian's
   Philosophy and Procedures, and was able to answer my questions
   about this aspect of Debian in a comprehensive manner.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

   Faidon Liambotis is Maintainer of dsniff, hostapd, hostap-driver,
   and hostap-tils, all Packages in Debian. He also answered my other
   Questions regarding T&S rpoperly.

   Beyond his work in Debian, Faidon is the "maintainer of the gnunet
   package, and co-maintainer of the libextractor package. [He is]
   also the creator of apt-torrent which is in the experimental phase
   (http://sianka.free.fr)"

   I, along with Knstantinos Margaritis, recommend that the DAM accept
   Faidon Liambotis as a Debian Developer.

   Account:  paravoid
   Forward-Email: faidon@cube.gr

Don Armstrong

--
Build a fire for a man, an he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.