Re: Queue processing

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> maxx@debian.org wrote:
>>It's not a FIFO queue, it's up to the DAM to decide in what order he
>>processes the applicants.
> And is this reasonable? :-P  I would say "no".  What good reason
> could the DAM have for processing applicants in a non-FIFO order, apart from
> rare special cases?  Well, maybe some get done by each of the two DAMs; that
> would make sense.  Anyay, Phlipp Kern wrote that he was told that DAM
> processing was FIFO, so maybe this isn't even true.
>
> The DAMs -- all *two* of them -- are very very busy people.
> Is it sane to force everyone through a tight bottleneck of careful review and
> approval by one of two very very very busy people, after the comprehensive AM
> report is done?  Isn't there some better way to review the AM report?
> Doesn't the Front Desk *already* review the AM report, and much more
> efficiently, too?

The FD -- all *two* of us -- probably aren't all that much better.  As
for myself, I'm next to useless when it comes to reviewing reports--I'm
sure Marc will verify that.

I posted some ideas a few days ago about how to speed this stuff up, but
no one replied:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2005/11/msg00019.html

--
Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.