Re: Misc web page changes, possible breakage

>   * tbm <tbm@cyrius.com> [2004-12-16 15:42]:
>   > > What I'm missing on the status pages is: when did the front desk
>   > > approve an application for the DAM?
>   >
>   > That's coming.  For this, I need to add a new field to the DB but so
>   > far I didn't have permission to do that.  Craig granted me full
>   > permisssion yesterday so I'll add this soon.
>
>   Craig added these fields so I've added the functionality to the web
>   pages.  In addition to showing when FD checked a report for
>   completeness, the pages also show which FD and DAM member approved an
>   application.
>
>   I'm not going to add these values to old applications but they should
>   show up in future applications.  Two examples I tested this with are:

Random thought: most of the people in the "waiting for DAM" section
probably had FD approval as the most recent action.  I bet it would be
possible to systematically update this field for anyone for whom the
next step is "DAM to evaluate application" by setting the new field to
"approved on DATE by tbm" where DATE is the current date from "time of
last action".  I guess updating this field for existing applications
isn't really that important, but maybe it would be worth doing in
these cases where it can pretty much be done in bulk?  Just a thought.
If not, people who are curious can always just use "date of last
action" to find out when their application was approved by the FD.

Also, now that there's a field for date of FD approval, does this make
it possible to update "Mode days" and "Median days" for "Awaiting DAM
approval" in the aggregate statistics section of the NM status page?

Either way, I like this change and the other changes.  It's nice not
only to be able to track one's own progress but to look at others'
progress currently and historically.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/