Re: Concerning NM Andree Leidenfrost <aleidenf@bigpond.net.au>

> * Duncan Findlay (duncf@debian.org) wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 11:16:44PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> > some notes on Andree Leidenfrost for whoever is going to become AM for
>> > him. This is not ment negative against him but just as a note to check
>> > that he learned from his mistake.
>>
>> Perhaps in the future you should send these to the Front Desk rather
>> than debian-newmaint. I suspect I'm not alone in my belief that these
>> criticisms are best kept private, in order to avoid discouraging
>> candidates.
>
> I *fully* disagree.  Public criticism is the way of life in Debian.  If
> applicants can't handle that then they're likely to be unhappy in
> Debian.
>
> 	Stephen

And hopefully other candidates are encouraged to learn from the
mistake too instead of giving up.

Andree, in case your reading here, don't take this the wrong way. Many
packages are uploaded broken, a few every day. Even seasoned DDs don't
seem to get Build-Depends right all the time or even know of
pbuilder. Or any of the other minor things.

The NM process should be a test as well as an education and you should
recieve the best education possible.

MfG
        Goswin