Re: Sponsor/Advocate from Family

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 06:17:02PM +0000, Johannes Jordens wrote:
> My question is, whether it is ok for a family member to
> sponsor/advocate or if this is frowned upon (Not surprisingly, the
> relevant sections of the Developer's Reference do not cover this
> topic).

I don't imagine there is anything officially against it.

That said, appearances and everything considered, it shouldn't be too
hard to just find someone else to sponsor the package and advocate
you. Maybe you can ask your brother to point you to someone.

I know of at least one situation when a DD's Romantic partner wanted
to become a DD and the prospective-NM just found other DD's to fill
the role of sponsor and advocate.

Regards,
Mako

--