Sponsor/Advocate from Family

Hi!
I am interested in becoming a DD for various reasons, mainly
participartion and promotion of Debian-Lex.
I am pretty confident about my packaging skills, I have used Debian for
about 4 years and read all the neccessary docs.
My brother (Robert Jordens, "jordens") is already a DD and may, after he's
satisfied with my packages/knowledge be willing to sponsor/advocate me.
My question is, whether it is ok for a family member to sponsor/advocate
or if this is frowned upon (Not surprisingly, the relevant sections of the
Developer's Reference do not cover this topic).
Naturally, as I'd like to pass the process, I'd greatly appreciate it if
someone could comment on this and possibly offer some guidance.
Thanks,
jj

P.S.: Please CC: me as I am not subscribed