Re: Public vs private

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 07:25, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> To be honest, I'm not sure what exactly should be sent to the public
> mailing list and what to this private alias.  For example, I posted
> rejections like the one of Michael Nelson to -newmaint in the past.
> But on the other hand, I'm not sure people want that archived.
> Suggestions welcome.

I think we have to be very careful here about openness, not in the sense
of "keeping things private" but "keeping things open".  If there's one
complaint certain people have made that we *SHOULD* take on board it's
that at times NM isn't public enough!

I certainly feel that the result of any progression from NM should be
public, that is the final acceptation or rejection, needs to be
available for everyone to read.

I also heavily don't approve of discussing NMs here!  That's what
newmaint is for.  There's a worrying tendency at the moment to madduck
everything where possible.

To be honest, the ONLY thing I would like to see on this mailing list is
James' DAM rejection mails, and the subsequent vote for whether to
tickle him or not.

Once that vote has been carried to a rejection, there should be a post
to newmaint with the actual rejection.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?