Re: People waiting for DAM.

On Sun, 18 May 2003 08:46:12 -0500
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis <luca@debian.org> wrote:
> Today i've received a mail from a NM in queue, which, among other things, told
> me that he is waiting for DAM approval for more than a year. I started
> looking at the queue and i got a list ordered by date of "AM recommendation
> to DAM" (at the end of themessage). Except for the first who require phone
> contact, what are we doing for that guys?
> BTW I would be surprised if some of them would still be willing to contribute.

Some of them are on hold, no doubt, because the DAM feels that their
"contributions" would be too dangerous. (Obviously the list is a bit
long, and I would have trouble believing that they each of them have
questionable technical expertise or attitudes, but that'd be something
you might want to contact the DAM about.)

Let's keep in mind that people with Debian accounts and keys in the
keyring have the ability to run arbitrary code as root on people's
systems without any auditing. So perhaps "what are we doing for these
people?" isn't the right question. Perhaps "why does the DAM feel that
they shouldn't be given Debian accounts yet?" is better.