sig!        DA263218 2002-06-11   Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>
sig!3       EDF008C5 2002-06-11   Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>
sig!3       74E0B766 2002-06-11   Andreas Mueller <amu@debian.org>
sub  2048g/9AAE950B 2002-06-08
sig!        3FD29468 2002-06-08   Hilko Bengen <bengen@users.sourceforge.net>

Background
----------

Hilko writes about himself:

> I am 27 years old and study CS at the University of Karlsruhe,
> Germany.

[...]

> Then, I still tried and compiled a lot of things on my own but never
> got around to looking at what happens when you build a package. But
> that changed when I started working part-time at planNET GmbH (which
> is now called toplink-plannet), a local ISP. toplink-plannet uses
> Debian(potato) as its only Linux distribution for own machines as well
> as customer gateways. Part of my job had to do with back-porting woody
> packages and creating our own packages from commercial software.

Philosophy and procedures
-------------------------

Hilko understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks and skills
----------------

Hilko has packaged amavis-ng and ulog-acctd, both of which he is
upstream for, and has also packaged File::Scan, although that is not
currently available in the archive.

Recommendation

I recommend that Hilko be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Debian login: bengen
Forwarding email: bengen@vdst-ka.inka.de

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK