Re: [newmaint] Re: Sentence on Website

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:24:41PM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:

> I (as a non-native speaker too) can't rephrase it, but my translation
> would be something like "Es war nicht möglich Projekte durchzuführen,
> auf die man (Applicant and AM) sich beidseitig einigen konnten". My
> translation isn't very good, but i hope i could point put my
> interpretation of this sentence...

I'd phrase it as "Projekte, auf die sich Appicant und AM geeinigt
hatten, wurden nicht durchgeführt." (English: "Failure to deliver
projects agreed upon by applicant and AM.")

I think the main problem with the English version is that it is unclear
whether "mutually agreed upon projects" means something from the NM
process or something like "the Debian project" as a whole. (The latter
doesn't make sense, but the context talks about the Debian constitution
etc., so some relationship to "big" projects is implied.)

Christoph
--
Christoph Berg <cb@cs.uni-sb.de>, 0681/9657944
http://rw4.cs.uni-sb.de/~cb/