Re: DAM approval wait time?

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 05:59:30PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 11:35:43AM +0200, Oliver Kurth wrote:
> > But there is never a reason mentioned, why some people wait a few days, and
> > others for months.
>
> > To summarize: I would appreciate some transparency.
>
> Now to the reason. The reason why no new maintainers have been let
> through is that the debian keyring maintainer have been very busy
> getting woody released (also ftp-admin). He have now got some help
> so things should pass a bit faster now. I saw 8 new become maintains
> a week ago, which is a good improvement. Last time I saw new maintainers
> was sometime in april (I think).

Ther were some new maintatainers in August, 7 (or so) weeks ago.

> I do not know but this message might help you too:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2002/debian-devel-announce-200209/msg00006.html

I may have read that message, but I did not know it was related with
applications.

> So it is now about laziness or anything. We just have a big problem
           ^^^ not?
> with core persons having too much to do. For more information see various
> flamewars on other lists.

Thank you :-). This information clarifies a lot of things. It would be nice,
if those things could be sent to the people that are waiting, or to this
list. I know, this is more work, but saves a lot of anger.

Greetings,
Oliver, looking forward to his approval.
--
Oliver Kurth
mailto:kurth@leinekanal.de                         http://leinekanal.de