Re: Trouble becoming a member

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 01:52 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:

Most people don't get signed into the ring by people from far distant
lands (say, California), either; the web is large enough now that
familiarity with the IDs of your own state, and possibly your neighboring
states, should be enough to prevent mere $1,000 forgeries.

$1,000 forgeries? In highschool all it took for my friends an I was a saturday trip to Indiana from Chicago and $60 each to get fake Michigan drivers licenses to get us into bars.

--
Paul Baker

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
         -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc