Re: Trouble becoming a member

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 03:19:32PM -0500, Paul Baker wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 01:52 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> >Most people don't get signed into the ring by people from far distant
> >lands (say, California), either; the web is large enough now that
> >familiarity with the IDs of your own state, and possibly your
> >neighboring
> >states, should be enough to prevent mere $1,000 forgeries.
>
> $1,000 forgeries? In highschool all it took for my friends an I was a
> saturday trip to Indiana from Chicago and $60 each to get fake Michigan
> drivers licenses to get us into bars.

I was estimating the high side, needing to buy all of the equipment
yourself, since I had no way to price current illegal IDs. :)

Still, that moves the price for the attack down from the gainfully employed
range to the random script kiddie range. Perhaps more reason to worry.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/