AM report for Nicolas Sabouret

Summary for Nicolas Sabouret <nico@limsi.fr>

Identity
--------

pub  1024D/C24E83C2 2001-07-02 Nicolas Sabouret <nico@limsi.fr>
sig!       E0BA04C1 2001-08-02  Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>

Background
----------

Nicolas is a PhD student working in LIMSI-CNRS in the french University
of Orsay, south of Paris.  His goal is to make Debian accessible for any
french user of Debian.  He had adopted wfrench, works on integrating
french support in tasksel and has written the french support for
language-env.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Nicolas understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Tomohiro KUBOTA, his advocate, writes:

 > Recently he contacted me and developed a French extension to my
 > package 'language-env'.  [...]
 > During our collaboration on French extension to 'language-env',
 > we discussed about shell startup scripts, Unicode font, and so
 > on and I think it proves he has enough skill for what he wants
 > to do for Debian.

Christian Marillat acts as the sponsor of Nicolas's package, wfrench.
I looked at the package and there were some minor things I didn't like,
but Nicolas has fixed them in the meantime.

Recommendation

I recommend that Nicolas be accepted as a Debian maintainer.