AM report on Yoshito Komatsu

============================

Conclusion:
-----------

I recommend that Yoshito becomes a Debian developer.

Applicant info:
---------------

Name:	         Yoshito Komatsu
Current email:   yoshito.komatsu@nifty.com
Preferred email: ykomatsu@debian.org

Background:
-----------
Yoshito wrote me:

 > I live in Japan.  And I'm a college student at Kyoto.  I've used
 > Linux for one year, and I've used Debian GNU/Linux for a half year.
 > I'd used other distribution, but I got interested in attitude toward
 > Free Software community, so I started to use Debian GNU/Linux.  I
 > want to contribute to Debian Project and Free Software community.

Identification:
---------------

Yoshito provided me with the following gpg key:

sig!       D12C489D 2001-06-25  Yoshito Komatsu <ykomatsu@debian.or.jp>
sig!       CD3756F4 2001-07-30  Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>
uid                            Yoshito Komatsu <yoshito.komatsu@nifty.com>
sig!       D12C489D 2001-06-09  Yoshito Komatsu <ykomatsu@debian.or.jp>
sig!       CD3756F4 2001-07-30  Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>
sub  1024g/9082602E 2001-06-09
sig!       D12C489D 2001-06-09  Yoshito Komatsu <ykomatsu@debian.or.jp>

His key is signed by Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>.

Identification check passed.

Policy and procedures:
----------------------
Yoshito agrees to follow the DSC, the DFSG and the DMUP. The answers he
gave me to the questions I asked him about these documents show that he
really knows what they are about and what their implications are. His
knowledge about Debian procedures is also accurate.

Policy and procedures check passed.

Tasks and Skills:
-----------------

Yoshito is already active in the Debian JP Project. He maintains several
packages:
  * shion (supporting dictionaries for Canna)
    (Canna is Japanese Input Method)
    ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/debian-jp/pool/main/s/shion/
  * nna-yubin (Japanese zip code dictionary for Canna)
    ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/debian-jp/pool/main/c/canna-yubin/

He has also made some other packages:
  * glunarclock (A lunar clock applet for the gnome panel)
    http://homepage1.nifty.com/ykomatsu/debian/glunarclock_0.22.3-2_i386.deb
  * libcgi-pm-perl (a Perl5 CGI Library)
    http://homepage1.nifty.com/ykomatsu/debian/
  * getleft (A download tool written in Tcl/Tk)
    http://homepage1.nifty.com/ykomatsu/debian/

I have taken a look at these packages, and they look fine. They are all
lintian clean, and the packaging is done well.

Tasks and skills check passed.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |