Summary for Romain Lerallut <rlerallut@free.fr>

Identity
--------

pub  1024D/DC0D40AD 2001-05-02 Romain Lerallut (rom1) <rlerallut@free.fr>
sig!       6CE5FB54 2001-07-14  David Frey <david@eos.lugs.ch>
sig!       4917A514 2001-08-07  Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>

Background
----------

Romain says, "in November I joined the "Newbiedoc" project, mostly because
I had found it quite difficult to gather the basic knowledge that enabled
me to understand the man pages and the HowTos. So now I wanted to help
making it easier for other people. [...]  Now, I'd like to bridge the gap
between our docwriting in Newbiedoc, and all the documentation that's
included in Debian.  My job would then be to package our documentation, and
to study ways to make it easier for newbies to get to the docs."

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Romain understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

His advocate, Colin Watson, writes:
 > I met Romain at the Debian Conference - nice guy, and very
 > interested in newbiedoc work. He's offered to package up some of the
 > newbiedoc project's work, and I'm helping him with that.

In the meantime, Romain has packaged newbiedoc to Colin's and my
satisfaction.  Colin acts as Romain's sponsor and has uplaoded the
package.

Recommendation

I recommend that Romain be accepted as a Debian maintainer.