AM report for Alex Pennace

Summary for Alex Pennace <alex@pennace.org>

Identity
--------

pub  1024D/E26A6F28 1999-03-25 Alexander Pennace <alex@pennace.org>
sig!       D21DF495 2000-11-26  Brian Ristuccia <brianr@debian.org>

Background
----------

Alex is a computer science and electrical engineering student at University
of Massachusetts Lowell.  He writes, "Free software is great. If I want to
learn how something works, I can look at the source code, and I can make
modifications and contributions as necessary. Free software can only remain
free as long as people support it. Debian's pledge to the free software
community ensures that the community has a strong pillar of support, and I
hope to add strength to that shared conviction."

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Alex understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Alex has adopted pentium-builder and libelf.  Gergely Nagy,
<algernon@debian.org> and I have both inspected those packages and they
were well done.  There were only minor issues which Alex fixed promptly.

His advocate, Brian Ristuccia <brian@ristuccia.com>, writes:

 > I attend the University of Massachusetts Lowell with Alex, where we are
 > both enrolled in the computer science program. I've seen Alex's
 > programming work, and feel he's competent and ready to contribute to
 > Debian

Recommendation

I recommend that Alex be accepted as a Debian maintainer.