AM report for Loic Dachary

Summary for Loic Dachary <loic@senga.org>

Identity
--------

Loic's key is signed by several Debian maintainers.

pub  1024D/497A176D 2001-02-03 Loic Dachary (OuoU) <loic@gnu.org>
sig!       68FD549F 2001-07-04  Martin Michlmayr <tbm@debian.org>
sig!       9D735B4F 2001-06-11  Igor Genibel <igor@tuxfamily.org>
sig!       4B729625 2001-07-04  Peter Van Eynde <pvaneynd@debian.org>

Background
----------

Loic is the vice president of FSF Europe and developer of savannah.gnu.org,
GNU's "central point for development, distribution and maintainance of Free
Software".  Loic is upstream of many packages which are already in Debian;
he wants to assist those maintainers, and also maintain packages himself
(currently Text::Unaccent).  Loic is a great Free Software advocate; more
information can be found at http://www.dachary.org/loic and
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/05/15/1543252.  For the latter,
please keep in mind, "Although I find the article well writen I regret
deeply that it clasifies me as an "Open Source People". I belong to the
Free Software movement, not to the Open Source movement."

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Loic understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.  As an important
FSF member, he better should. ;-)

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Loic packaged Text::Unaccent.  Gergely Nagy did the Tasks&Skills test and
found only minor issues in the package.

Igor Genibel <igenibel@debian.org> helped getting Loic hooked on Debian.
He writes:

 [ ... ]
 > For learning the technical part, he decided to install savannah with a
 > debian GNU/linux system. He also installed the fsf france machine with my
 > help (france.sfseurope.org). Now he considers Debian GNU/Linux system as
 > the better GNU/Linux system. That's for the technical part.
 > For philosophical part, he discussed a lot with me and Guillaume Morin
 > (gemorin@debian.org) in order to understand what means the Debian
 > Philosophyand he compared it to GNU project. He saw a lot of similarities.
 > So he decided to involve himself in the Debian project. He also encounter
 > some Debian developpers/maintainers in Paris to improve his thought.
 [ ... ]

Recommendation

I recommend that Loic be accepted as a Debian maintainer.