From: "Frederico S. Muņoz" <fsmunoz@sdf.lonestar.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 01:51:37 +0000
To: risko@debian.org
Subject: This DAM aprovall thing is getting really weird

Hello there Gergely,

I'm sorry to bother you once again, but this DAM approaval thing is
getting really strange... I now have the gpg key signed (as you know,
and as you promptly inserted into my AM database), and still I notice
that ppl that applied *4 months* after me have an account; putting it
in another way, people that applied after I had passed *all* my tests
were tested, processed and received DAM approaval and account.

One interesting example is from another portugese fellow; if you
remember correctly there were no portugese developers here; well, this
isn't the case anymore: one chap that had the key signed at the same
day that I had (and I think by the same fellow) already has an
account.

I don't have any self-interest reason for wanting the Debian account,
apart from the ones I had when I applied; I'm getting a bit tired of
passing my compilations to other ppl for upload, *especially* when I
see that it isn't just normal and understandable delay from a
volunteer team with lost of work to do.

If at least someone gave me a reason for this I could understand, but
I guess it will be like the gpg key: if I hadn't asked you, and you
the DAM, I would still be blissfully ignorant on why the delay.

I'm refraining myself from doing ITP's, for the above reasons.

I'm all for testing extensively an applicant, as I said in several
threads in debian-devel before, but I really don't know what is wrong
with my application.

Sorry to bother you with this rant, but I really don't have a clue on
what to do.

Best Regards,

fsm

--