Re: AM Final Report for Beiad Dalton

Guillaume Morin <guillaume@morinfr.org> wrote:
>Dans un message du 25 Mar à  0:02, Adrian Bunk écrivait :
>> He sent altogether mails to debian-policy in the last three months. i
>> can't see:
>> - Which skills valuable for Debian did he show?
>> - What does he need an account for?
>
>He showed that 1) He is interested in policy issues, 2) he plans to help
>us. It is an important issue.

While people do need to be developers in order to propose and second
policy bugs, I don't think we ought to be bringing people into the
project simply to work on policy: our policy people should have
experience of their subject matter, otherwise it's just so much
unimplementable hot air (note that Manoj, Julian, Santiago, Anthony, et
al are experienced packagers). To that end, Beiad's packaging skills
seem more relevant.