Re: Elitists v's popularists (was Re: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation')

Hi Glenn!

You wrote:

> Im not looking to blame my AM, i can wait as long as takes.
> The point i was trying to make is that the sterotype being portrayed
> (current NM are not worthy casue they dont respond to email) was not
> totally accurate.

I don't think this is the point at all. The people tat don't respons to
emails are put on hold easily enough. The problem seems to people who
apply to become maintainers but don't know in what part of Debian they
want to help exactly. Of course, we should welcome thoses people in the
project too, only is the NM queue not the appropriate place for this. So
maybe we should have a list of `tasks suitable for prospective
maintainers to help on' and assign a mentor (as opposed to an AM) to
those people.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |