Re: Elitists v's popularists (was Re: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation')

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 10:52:29AM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> Its good that there are lots of NM's that are prompt, ive been in queue
> 6 months, my NM doesnt consistently respond to my emails.

Probably, because you call him NM. Erm, sorry, I don't why is that.
Maybe, he has lot's of work. You can ask for another AM if this is the
problem.

> The biggest and only threat that i see for debians future viability is
> the opinions like yours become popular and debian becomes unmaintainable
> due to lack of "acceptable" manpower.

There was a 'flamewar' here about t&s, I suggest you to read that.

> There are lots of things people can do to help debian, instead of just
> turning away people who want to HELP, why dont you be constructive and
> look for ways for them to be able to help and feel like part of the
> project without insulting your eletism.

Well, if someone want to help he just have to do some work to has his
key signed (if not impossible), and package some software, then look for
a sponsor. Only the sequence will change to get the people think before
they apply.
Btw, you said you want to HELP. What you have packaged under that 6
months? I can't see any sponsored package. If you want to be sponsored
try to apply at the sponsorship page.

--
Lenart, Janos
<ocsi@debian.org>