Re: [Fwd: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation']
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation']
- From: Martin Michlmayr <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:55:44 +0000
- Message-id: <20010128165544.A3418@sumpf.cyrius.com>
- In-reply-to: <20010128143916.C9652@polya>; from J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk on Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 02:39:16PM +0000
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <01012810435602.01044@kassiopeia> <20010128143916.C9652@polya>
* Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> [20010128 14:39]:
> [Suggestion, should we go along the recommendation route: that anyone
> whose name appears as maintainer of a package should automatically be
> able to apply to the NM process with no other need for
Sounds like a good idea first, but I don't think it would work.
If we let sponsored people apply themselves, it would be fair to let
people working on boot-floppies, a port or on the web pages do so as
well. In the end, everyone wants to apply himself again...
And while it's easy to parse the Maintainer: field for sponsored
people, we cannot easily check people working on boot-floppies et al.
Finally, I think if someone is willing to sponsor another person, he
is certainly also willing to take 2 minutes and fill out a web form.