recommends approval of Benoit Joly

Final report on Benoit Joly to NM-Committee
by Taketoshi Sano <sano@debian.org>

ID
---
Benoit provided his GPG key which is signed by a current member
of the Debian, Remi Lefebvre <remi@debian.org>.  I asked Remi
about Benoit, and he replies that he knows Benoit well.

ID check passed.

Philosophy and Procedures
-------------------------
I have asked him:

  1) Can you explain what you plan to do in the Debian, and how does it
     related to our Social Contract ?

  2) Please explain why pgp is in non-free.

  3) Please explain Debian Developer's Duties, and tell me where you
     can find the information.

His answers explain clearly that he understands and agrees with
our philosophy and procedures.

P&P passed

Tasks and Skills
----------------
Benoit is one of the upstream for ddt, dynamic dns tool, which is packaged
by Remi Lefebvre and uploaded into woody.

He is also packaging macrosystem, a text file template library for c++.

I asked his sponsor, Remi, about his programming/packaging skill.
The answer is that he is a very competent C/C++ programmer.
Remi also wrote that Benoit created a package for 'macrosystem' by himself,
and there was very little to change in that package.

T&S passed

Recommendation
I recommend that Benoit Joly be accepted as a maintainer.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>