Re: Translation skills

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 09:48:47AM -0400, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Two of my current applicants mentioned that they would like to translate
> the Debian WWW pages to other languages. How should I go about verifying
> that they're able to do so, since I don't know the target languages?
Easy, talk to the translation team leader about them.  I'd ask them what
they would like to make sure they could do.  In the end, the team leader
is the one who is going to wear your applicant's mistakes.

> Also, they already show sufficient proficiency in packaging skills --
> so maybe checking the translation skills can wait till after they become
> Debian maintainers?
Yes, it is not neccessary for this, perhaps get them as maintainers then
let the translation team sort them out.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>