Re: Agreeing with philosophies/procedures

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 09:44:07AM -0400, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I got the following from one of my applicants w.r.t. agreeing with the
> Social Contract / DFSG. Is this sufficient, or should I go through more
> detailed checks with him?
>
> > I have now reread this social contract and I do absoulutely agree with
> > all of it. So: "I agree to the the procedures and philosophies outlined
> > in the social contract at http://www.debian.org/social_contract.";.
> >
> > There is a reason for why I like debian, you know :)

I'd say it is way too short.  i had a similar problem and bounced them.
As the email log shows:
} > Are my answers to short? Do you want to read somewhat longer
} > explainations?
} Yes :)
}
} Just a couple of lines about what DFSG is and how your goals and Debians
} align. Before you send it, read it as if it is was not written by you
} and ask yourself "does this guy 'get it'" or understands it or gets the
} gist of it.
}
} If that's too hard, assume a friend has written a program and is
} deciding on what license to use. If you thought he could use a DFSG
} free license what would you say and what license(s) may you suggest.
}
} No huge essays, 4 lines or so is fine. I just need to know you have some
} idea about this.

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>