conflicting information.

From: http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step2
The prospective applicant must be able to produce two items:
1. A digital GPG public key, suitable for inclusion on a key-ring.
2. An image file of an appropriate piece of photo-identification when required
(see Conditions below).

From: http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-amchecklist
If the applicant supplies a public key which has been signed by a current
member of Debian, then the identification process is complete. Only if the key is
not signed by any current Debian member, the additional photo-ID of the
applicant will be required. Please refer the Identification page in the checklist.

FWIW I think both items should be required unless there are extraordinary
circumstances eg the prospective developer is staying in Mir ;) Unless there is a
firm decision that both items aren't required, I will insist on getting both
from anyone I process.

cheers,
johno