Applicant info:
---------------

Name:	         Jens Schmalzing
Current email:   jens@tac.dk
Preferred email: jensen@debian.org
                 (to be forwarded to jens.schmalzing@physik.uni-muenchen.de)

Identification:
---------------

Jens provided me with the following gpg key:

pub  1024D/1245207E 2000-11-02 Jens Schmalzing <jens@theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de>
sig        1245207E 2000-11-02  Jens Schmalzing <jens@theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de>
sig        6A40C91E 2000-11-03  Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>
sig        4F12B400 2000-11-03  [User id not found]
sub  1024g/38B8B1B5 2000-11-02
sig        1245207E 2000-11-02  Jens Schmalzing <jens@theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de>

His key is signed by Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> who has just become a
developer.

Identification check passed.

Policy and procedures:
----------------------

Jens explicitly agrees to follow the SC and the DFSG in his
Debian-related work. I asked his some question regarding those documents
and his responses show he understands the key points and the main
implications of the documents.

Policy and procedures check passed.

Tasks and Skills:
-----------------

Jens intends to package some software he uses regularly, among them the
Mac-on-Linux emulator and a number of astronomy-related things.  He has
already packaged some of them for local use on the M"unich University
network that he set up and administers.  Also, he woulds like to help
improve the debian-powerpc documentation and aid the emerging
debian-mips port.

He sent me some of his packages, which were mostly lintian clean.

Tasks and skills check passed.

Conclusion:

I recommend that Jens becomes a Debian developer.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |