AM report for Arto Jantunen

Summary for Arto Jantunen <viiru83@mbnet.fi>

Identity
--------

Arto's GPG key is signed by Debian developer Teemu Hukkanen
<tjhukkan@debian.org>

pub  1024D/88DC167A 2000-09-10 Arto Jantunen (Viiru) <viiru83@mbnet.fi>
sig        3B0BB9A9 2000-11-06  Teemu Hukkanen <tjhukkan@iki.fi>

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Arto agrees to uphold the Social Contract and the DFSG.  He knows the
difference between free beer and free speech (in fact, there are two
different words in Finnish, and about free, non-free and contrib.  Arto
also knows how to orphan and adopt packages, write bug reports and
close bugs.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Arto wants to do package maintainance and has some ideas for improving
the installation of Debian.  He adopted 'chameleon' and sent me an
improved package of it (incorporating the new upstream version, adding
a Build-Depends line and fixing some minor issues which are present in
the current, orphaned package).  The package is certainly an improvement
to the orphaned package -- Arto only forgot to fix some outstanding
issues (man page not gzipped properly and copyright file lacking a
pointer to the GPL).  I'd say 'well done'.

Teemu Hukkanen, who met him in real life said, 'My impression of him was
pretty good, he's a bit green, started using debian quite recently, but
he seemed eager enough to make a good maintainer. We also briefly
discussed the DMUP, reasons why it's needed now, and also about the size
and manageability of the project. He has taken an orphaned package, and
upgraded it to a new upstream version, which brought us to discuss
upstream contact in debian package maintenance.'

Recommendation

I recommend that Arto be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com