AM Report for Arthur Korn

a Debian Maintainer.

Identification
--------------

Arthur provided the following GPG key (attached):

pub  1024D/632F5833 1999-10-01 Arthur Korn <arthur@korn.ch>
rev        632F5833 2000-06-11  Arthur Korn <arthur@korn.ch>
sig        632F5833 1999-10-01  Arthur Korn <arthur@korn.ch>
sig        9DA5CAD8 2000-07-10  Philipp Frauenfelder <pfrauenf@debian.org>
sub  2048g/0B6CC4ED 1999-10-01
sig        632F5833 1999-10-01  Arthur Korn <arthur@korn.ch>

It is signed by Philipp Frauenfelder, whose fingerprint matches what
is held in db.debian.org. Just as an additional check, I wrote to
Philipp, but he has not replied back - however, the sigs are fine.

Identification Check Passed

Policy and Procedures
---------------------

Arthur and I discussed the Social Contract and the DFSG. He
demonstrated to me that he understands the principles and extent of
these documents, and that he is aware of the responsibilities of a
debian maintainer. He also explicitly agreed to abide by the DMUP. We
also answered some questions on copyrights and licenses to my
satisfaction.

Policy and Procedures Check Passed

Tasks and Skills
----------------

Arthur has already debianized some packages - chief among them being
msyslog - a modular system logging daemon, which could  serve as a
replacement for sysklogd. He has shown much initiative in requesting
and asking for a virtual package for system logging daemons. He has
also been busy with the BTS as a user, filing several bugs. I took a
look at his msyslog package and it is nicely done and lintian
clean. He also told me that he convinced upstream to include a
copyright file that would allow msyslog to go into debian main. All
in all, I think Arthur shows the skills necessary to be a debian
developer and will make a good addition to the debian developer
community.

Gopal

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>