Re: Problem application

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 05:50:27AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I would prefer to have an established policy that is understood and
> enforced by the Application Managers, so this doesn't have to become
> "trouble" for the DAM.
>
> Should we have a proceedure for this? Something where the charges are
> presented to the admin team and we determine by vote whether to continue
> with the application. Another alternative would be to present the evidence
> to the FD and DAM and give them "authority" to decide. As another option,
> the applicant should probably be offered the chance to delete his
> application, rather than go through a "trial" that would be somewhat
> public.
It is a difficult one because AMs are not setup to do this sort of
check.  I would also be reluctant to have a step like this in because
I really do not know if my NMs are good Internet citizens.  There is
no way for me to check either.

The purpose of the AM system is to reduce the load off the DAM for the
procedural stuff, checking wether or not someone is a slimeball is not
something AMs can do or should do.

However if AMs have some information about an applicant then I would
immediately email at least the DAM about it.  I think this is more a
duty of being a Debian developer then specifically an AM duty.

> Folks, it is exactly this kind of application that we are here to deflect,
> so we want a clear cut proceedure for doing this. All ideas welcome.
I believed and still believe that this was the duty of the Debian Admin
people or the DSA.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>