Re: Problem application

I think there is no problem with the fact that an AM can reject an applicant.
The problem seems to lie in the question of whether the applicant is
rejected for reasons that lie in the application process itself (that is
the correspondence between applicant and AM, packages prepared by the
applicant,
his bug reports etc), or for "external" reasons (like reputation for
unsocial behaviour, known criminal record). While in the former
case it should be the duty of the AM to justify his decision, it may
be much more difficult in the latter case to decide whether the
allegations are well founded or not (generally speaking since Dale
has brought up the point - I don't want to question the steps taken by
the AM in this particular case).

Maybe critical cases like the one in question should be brought up
in the Maintainers group. For this we would need of course a private
mailing list.

-Ralf.