Re: your mail

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:26:34AM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> What is the procedure after an appliant is put on hold? Will he
> automatically be refused after some time, or do I (the AM) decide
> myself what happens next?
Putting an applicant on hold means they are shifted out of your working
queue freeing up a slot for a new applicant.  You can still see them on
your main page but they are basically frozen.  Yesterday I had 4
applicants on hold, two because their email bounces (so they'll probably
be there forever) and two because the slackers cannot seem to be able to
reply (unlike some of my good applicants where everything was done in 4 days
:)

> Background: I have an applicant who is not responding to my initial mail.
> I'm now to send a reminder and I want to tell what is going to happen if he
> still does not reply, like:
>
>   Please reply within one week and tell me at least how you are
>   planning to proceed for your ID check. If you fail to react by
>   <in 1 week> I will have to put you on "hold", and eventually to
>   recommend refusal if there is no progress by <in 3 weeks>. You
>   are welcome to re-apply to debian any time later.
I don't even bother to tell them they are on hold. I just send one email
after the inital hello one and after that put a comment on the website,
stick them in hold and wait for the automagic to work to give me a
(hopefully) more responsive applicant.

You'll get a lot of that sort of thing.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>