Re: your mail

Craig Small wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:26:34AM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > What is the procedure after an appliant is put on hold? Will he
> > automatically be refused after some time, or do I (the AM) decide
> > myself what happens next?
> Putting an applicant on hold means they are shifted out of your working
> queue freeing up a slot for a new applicant.  You can still see them on
> your main page but they are basically frozen.  Yesterday I had 4
> applicants on hold, two because their email bounces (so they'll probably
> be there forever) and two because the slackers cannot seem to be able to
> reply (unlike some of my good applicants where everything was done in 4 days
> :)
>
> > Background: I have an applicant who is not responding to my initial mail.
> > I'm now to send a reminder and I want to tell what is going to happen if he
> > still does not reply, like:
> >
> >   Please reply within one week and tell me at least how you are
> >   planning to proceed for your ID check. If you fail to react by
> >   <in 1 week> I will have to put you on "hold", and eventually to
> >   recommend refusal if there is no progress by <in 3 weeks>. You
> >   are welcome to re-apply to debian any time later.
> I don't even bother to tell them they are on hold. I just send one email
> after the inital hello one and after that put a comment on the website,
> stick them in hold and wait for the automagic to work to give me a
> (hopefully) more responsive applicant.
>
> You'll get a lot of that sort of thing.
>
>   - Craig

Is there a way for an applicant to update/change the details they
originally gave ?

If someone is on hold because they couldnt be contact, and the applicant
knows they are on hold, what do they do about it ?

If the two people above whos emails bounced realised that the email they
had given wasnt going to work, who should they have contacted, all i can
think of, is mentioning the change of email here, or re-applying.

Im an applicant, my email has changed, i was assigned an application
manager two weeks ago but havent been in contact with him yet. I have
emailed my application manager with my new email address and mentioned
it here.... im not in a big hurry, so i dont mind waiting, but i wouldnt
like to be put on hold because of not following procedures i wasnt aware
of.

Glenn